Hi, I have an MSI router connected to a desktop pc. As an OS i am using Windows Vista on both my desktop pc and laptop. My problem is that when I am trying to ping my router from my laptop ( ping 192.168.1.1 ) and I am having a request time out with a 100% loss. On the other hand pinging from the desktop pc is being successful. (but router is connected to the desktop pc and obviously internet. ). Also I tried to switch off the firewall on my laptop, but still I am not having success when pinging.Also it maybe useful to note that on the router configuration I am not using MAC or IP filtering. Any help please? Thank you. :)

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by hughv

Can you use the internet on your laptop?

Can you access the router menu by putting the address (192.168.1.1) in the address bar in a web browser?

Yes I have internet on my laptop. No I cannot access the router menu from the laptop web browser.

What is your laptop IP address? Does it begin 192.168.x.x, like your router? Is the default gateway the same address as your router?

yes...it has that format...192.168.1.x. Yes the default gateway is correct..

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.