Hi Guys,

I live in a house where we have 8 laptops connecting to a single wireless router . I want to check how much of data each laptop is using everyday . We have Netgear router at home . Can any one help me in fixxing this .

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

The easiest way I have found, is to shut down and completely turn off all your computers. Plus your ethernet cord from the modem to your Router, but leave the Router ONLY unplugged from the power supply. Also unplug the modem. After the modem is Online completely, THEN plug your Router back into the power supply. Wait 2 minutes, then turn your computers on. After you have ran the disk that came with it, and if the laptop STILL doesnt find your wireless, go to your network connections (usually in control panel, or start menu in Vista) click on the wireless network connection, then right click and go to 'disable'. Wait 15 seconds then click on it again, then right click, and this time hit 'enable'. This should renew the IP address and find your router. There are a few different ways let me know if this does not work for you.
Have a great night!

Hi Guys,

I live in a house where we have 8 laptops connecting to a single wireless router . I want to check how much of data each laptop is using everyday . We have Netgear router at home . Can any one help me in fixxing this .

well you can always try webgauge see if that works for tracking your dat usage from each pc connected

well you can always try webgauge see if that works for tracking your dat usage from each pc connected

Thanks mate . But i am not looking for a seperate hardware , i already invested $200 dollar in buying a NetGear router . Is there any software which can do this .. or The NetGear router does have this provision

The easiest way I have found, is to shut down and completely turn off all your computers. Plus your ethernet cord from the modem to your Router, but leave the Router ONLY unplugged from the power supply. Also unplug the modem. After the modem is Online completely, THEN plug your Router back into the power supply. Wait 2 minutes, then turn your computers on. After you have ran the disk that came with it, and if the laptop STILL doesnt find your wireless, go to your network connections (usually in control panel, or start menu in Vista) click on the wireless network connection, then right click and go to 'disable'. Wait 15 seconds then click on it again, then right click, and this time hit 'enable'. This should renew the IP address and find your router. There are a few different ways let me know if this does not work for you.
Have a great night!

Huh!! What does this have to do with the OP's ?

Thanks mate . But i am not looking for a seperate hardware , i already invested $200 dollar in buying a NetGear router . Is there any software which can do this .. or The NetGear router does have this provision

You might try this;

http://jkontherun.com/2008/09/30/monitor-bandwid/

Hi Guys,

I live in a house where we have 2 laptopsand 2 desktop pc connecting to a single wireless router . I want to check how much of data each laptop is using everyday . We have Netgear router at home . Can any one help me in fixxing this .

Hi Guys,

lalirfan@yahoo.com

Hi there. There are plenty of packages out there but try Activtrak
Not sure if there are any limitations but worth a look if you ask me.

hello....i m living in hostel nd connected with more than 7 wifi in whole day nd night on a single lappy i want to check my over all uses of data of lappy

cheak your router for i.p user i.d
it look like this 192.181.1.1
enter the i.p exactly how it found in router to your computer browser
where you can input www.example.com, use the i.p instead
once you click enter, your router page will display log in and see what you are looking for
if you find it difficult to do it try to whatsapp or call me on 2348065558146

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.