HI I use Alltel DSL and I use DI-604 Router. I see the speed from network connection is like 100.0 Mbps. I was checking my router set up and saw that it was set on 10 Mbps/full. Should I switch it to 100 Mbps/full? There are 3 options to select.. They are 100Mbps/full, 10Mbps/full, 10/100Mbps Auto. Which one should I select to help make it work well with my DSL speed? Thanks!:?:

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Are you talking about the WAN side of the router? How fast is your DSL connection?

10Mbps is fine, so long as it's not slower than your WAN download speed, so as not to create a bottleneck. I've got a 4Mbps connection (Comcast cable), and my 10Mb/s old NIC works just fine on it, no slowdowns.

Are you talking about the WAN side of the router? How fast is your DSL connection?

10Mbps is fine, so long as it's not slower than your WAN download speed, so as not to create a bottleneck. I've got a 4Mbps connection (Comcast cable), and my 10Mb/s old NIC works just fine on it, no slowdowns.

Yes I am talking about WAn side of the router and after logging in router to make adjustment. Here's my speed,
Downloadspeed 1.30-MBPS
Uploadspeed-315-Kbps

Is it good? Should I make any adjustment to router WAN side?

looks like you are fine...

Allright thanks!

HI I use Alltel DSL and I use DI-604 Router. I see the speed from network connection is like 100.0 Mbps. I was checking my router set up and saw that it was set on 10 Mbps/full. Should I switch it to 100 Mbps/full? There are 3 options to select.. They are 100Mbps/full, 10Mbps/full, 10/100Mbps Auto. Which one should I select to help make it work well with my DSL speed? Thanks!:?:

\

go for 10/100Mbps Auto

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.