Hi,

My friend is having a problem where for some reason ever since yesterday, when he boots up his machine, he is asked to select a user to login, but no users are listed to click on. He is therefore stuck at that screen. I suspect it is some sort of registry corruption. (He previously never got that screen and it only had a single administrator user that was automatically logged in when the machine booted). Is there a quick fix that can be done that does not require the complete reformatting/reinstall?

Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Hi,

My friend is having a problem where for some reason ever since yesterday, when he boots up his machine, he is asked to select a user to login, but no users are listed to click on. He is therefore stuck at that screen. I suspect it is some sort of registry corruption. (He previously never got that screen and it only had a single administrator user that was automatically logged in when the machine booted). Is there a quick fix that can be done that does not require the complete reformatting/reinstall?

Thanks.

I don't think so. Try to type in the password for the adminastriter. Maby it will go through.

I don't think so. Try to type in the password for the adminastriter. Maby it will go through.

At the login screen hit ctrl alt delete. Twice.

BTW peri. you cant spell very well....Your response and you siggy.

I'm not in front of his pc, so I can't try. If he does ctrl-alt-delete twice, what will it give him?

ok i'll do it again. Type in the administrator password and sign in with it.

He doesn't get a login box, he only gets the graphical screen where he is supposed to click on a user. No user is listed so he has nothing to click.

(avatar homer simpson)

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.