Hello all,

I have a wirless laptop connecting to my wireless router (for internet)... My desktop is hardwired to router also... I would liek to share files / printer etc. between my laptop and desktop.. Could someone please point me in the right direction on how to do this?? Help file is fine... I just don't know know what to even call this... :-| Thanx,

Huang Qi

Hello,

The instructions depend on your OS, but the big 3 (Mac, Linux, Windoze) all support what you wish to do.

You will need to define one of the computers as a "server" and the other as a client. I would not make both of them servers and both of them clients, as you can quickly loose track of where you put your stuff, and the goal to successful file management is to BACKUP your data regularly, and be able to find things.

Once you determine what relationship each computer will have, you will need to enable file and print sharing on that computer, and then tell the other computer about the shares.

Christian

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.