Maycomb 0 Newbie Poster

Hello.

Several months ago, I began having trouble with my internet service. It cut out twice (both times for several days), and then completely turned off near the end of May. I've been trying to get it to work since then, but I've had little luck.

Originally, there were two computers using the internet connection, both running Windows XP. They've both been running together for about fourteen months, give or take a few weeks. Computer 1 is the one that has died, but Computer 2 is still up and running perfectly: no errors in connections whatsoever.

The weirdest part about it is Computer 1 is still sending and receiving packets, but is unable to make a connection to the internet through any program/process (I've pinged IP addresses and websites alike: no luck).

The ISP is Verizon DSL and the computers are both running through a standard Linksys 8-Port Workgroup Hub.

I've tried everything I can think of: I've bought several new network cards( which have done nothing), sat on the phone with Verizon support for 4+ hours (they were perplexed as well), and re-installed Windows twice.

I'm at my wit's end. I'd appreciate it if someone could help me figure out what's wrong.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.