Hi, I've run into a problem while routing my home network connections, i believe one of my one of my roommates is screwing me over with the network connection. in control panel where you can view the network map, i am connected to his computer before connecting to the router - I have snail speed internet whenever his computer is connected to the internet. I know that i can directly connect to the wireless router, cause I've done it before, but i cant seem to repeat the process. any help is welcomed :)

Hi

To connect your computer to a router, you need to set-up a LAN connection on your pc, and then use ethernet cable to connect from your pc network card, to an open port on the router, or if you have a laptop, you can do this wireless, by searching for available connections on your laptop, if the router is configured as a wireless router.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.