Hello,
My problem is I just recently set up a home network, and my desktop computer can access my laptop and and see it's files for file sharing, but when i try to acces my desktop computer from my laptop it says

"Home is not accessable. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

The network path was not found"

"Home" is my workgroup name that is configured on both computers. I set up each computer the same way.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Gregory

If you have all computers under the same workgroup name, that should be looked at first. Then, make sure you are trying to log in under a username that's found in all computers. Also, that user should have access to the share files as well.... see what I do

using "extofer" as my username, I assure I have that user name under ALL computers, with the same password.
Then, under the sharing folders, I assure "extofer" is selected under the permissions or security.

If you have all computers under the same workgroup name, that should be looked at first. Then, make sure you are trying to log in under a username that's found in all computers. Also, that user should have access to the share files as well.... see what I do

using "extofer" as my username, I assure I have that user name under ALL computers, with the same password.
Then, under the sharing folders, I assure "extofer" is selected under the permissions or security.

thank you for replying,
I actually figured out my problem it was a stupid mistake on m part. I forgot to check my firewall settings in mcafee so i had to allow my computers access.

so for anyone elsewith this problem...CHECK your FIREWALL

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.