So I had to reformat my computer couple days ago, before I did that both computers ran perfectly fine. Now on the one i reformatted, its saying Wizard cannot find your network hardware, make sure you have it all installed. I can't even get it directly connected to the internet. When I plug it in, it doesn't detect it at all. I am running Windows XP. Any advice?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

* Right-click on the My Computer icon on your desktop and choose Properties from the resulting context menu.
* In the Properties window, click on the Hardware tab.
* In the Hardware tab, click on hte Device Manager button.
* Under the Network Adapters heading, see if there is a network device marked with a Red "X". If so, double-click on that device entry and post the information listed in the General and Driver tabs of the device's Properties window.

There isn't even a network adapters listing :(

Computers
Disk Drives
Display Adapters
DVD/CDROM drives
Floppy disk controllers
Floppy disk drives
Human interface devices
IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers
Keyboards
Mice
Modems
Monitors
Other devices
Ports
PRocessors
Sound
System devices
Universal Serial Bus Controllers

Thats everything htat is listed

* Is the network adapter an internal PCI card, or a removable (USB, PCMCIA, etc.) device?
* Do you know the make and model # of the device? If so, post that info.

I had posted somewhere else and someone helped me, finally got it back online after 2 weeks of messing it with, thanks.

Glad you got it sorted out. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.