i have setup a lan and it is working fine, i added an internet connection to one of the pc and it is browsing.i want to share the internet connection to other system and is not working after enabling the sharing and allow other computer to connect through this system.pe hel me

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

You can do that, but it means that you need to configure the PC with internet connection as a router. How you do that depends entirely upon the operating system you are using (Windows, Linux, Apple-OSX).

its sounds like you are trying to share the internet connection through one computer. As rubberman is suggesting, why not have an Internet Router connected between the LAN and your provider. This way, each PC goes through the router to access the Internet. In your scenario, every other host on the network would have to get their access through this one PC.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.