Ever since I got my new computer in August, it has always had issues connecting to any wifi network. Every other computer in the house can connect to the network just fine, and I can connect via Ethernet and get internet. However, getting a Wifi signal can be a hassle. With every single Wifi network, the computer gets stuck in a constant loop of saying 'identifying...' then connecting to an 'unidentified network' with no internet connection for a few seconds, then disconnecting and starting the process over again. Occasionally, it will connect to the network, but I will have no internet even though it says I do, and about 15 seconds later it will say 'identifying' again. I have tried connecting to the wireless sitting directly next to the router, and I still have this issue. I'm pretty sure it's not the router because there are four other computers in the house that get a perfect wireless signal and have never had any errors. My computer tells me that the signal has full bars, but it just can't connect. When I finally do connect, it will disconnect randomly anywhere from 5 minutes to a few hours later, and the entire process stars again. Rebooting the router and the computer doesn't help.

I'm at a loss as to what the problem is. I've noticed three errors appearing pretty consistently in the event viewer around the times when the wireless goes out, and have listed them below. I've googled each one, and tried numerous fixes, but nothing has worked. Is it a problem with my wireless card? My wireless card is a Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 and it came with the computer. My computer is an MSI GT60 and it runs Windows 7 64 bit. Is there any way I can fix it? I've googled these errors and tried every fix I've seen, but nothing has worked. I'm at a loss on what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-DHCP Client Events/Admin
Source: Dhcp-Client
Event ID: 1003
Level: Warning
User: LOCAL SERVICE
OpCode: IPLeaseRenewalFailed
Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0x685D43127EB0. The following error occurred: 0x79. Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.

Event ID: 1001
Level: Error
OpCode: IpAddressNotAssigned
Your computer was not assigned an address from the network (by the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0x685D43127EB0. The following error occurred: 0x79. Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.

Event ID: 1002
Level: Error
OpCode: IpLeaseDenied
The IP address lease xxx.xxx.x.xx for the Network Card with network address 0x685D43127EB0 has been denied by the DHCP server xxx.xxx.x.x (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

Based on your description, it sounds like the problem is with your wifi adapter on that computer. You've already established that the problem is not the router since this happens when you have connected to different APs. Also, other computers do not exhibit this behavior.

I'd contact the Wifi adapter support and determine if they have a fix, or an updated driver. If not, simply buy another wifi adapter to see if that solves the problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.