Dear All,

We are trying to install and configure RTSP on one of my servers.

This is what we have tried :

First, we installed FFMPEG and Mplayer and tried executing RTSP URL with Mplayer but since no service was running on port 554, the connection was refused. ( This was done after reading some valuable information we received from DC ) Then we installed Wowza with a trial license and configured port 554 in the VHost.xml file. On starting Wowza Media server, both the ports 1935 and 554 are responding, however, RTSP URL still isn't working.

root@cms [~]# lsof -i:1935
COMMAND PID USER FD TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME
java 911 root 54u IPv4 127776519 0t0 TCP *:macromedia-fcs (LISTEN)

root@cms [~]# lsof -i:554
COMMAND PID USER FD TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME
java 911 root 58u IPv4 127776524 0t0 TCP *:rtsp (LISTEN)

After installing we checked one of our URL on VLC :

And VLC returned the following :

====
Your input can't be opened:

VLC is unable to open the MRL 'rtsp://abcdefg.XXXYYY.com:554/popup/video/test.mp4'. Check the log for details.

Looks like its a permission issue but dont know where to check? Looks like we are stuck somewhere.

Are we doing this right? Can anyone shed some light on this please?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I think I just replied to your most recent thread on the same. This thread however has more information, so I'll try to help. When you say that both ports 1935 and 554 are responding, I'm assuming you are trying to access them from a different machine other than the server itself? If this is not the case, have you confirmed that the firewall is allowing access to these ports? If not, please allow them. If the problem persists even after verifying that the firewall settings are ok, can you stream the file on the same server it's hosted on?

Hello c-tech,

Thanks for your help.

I'm assuming you are trying to access them from a different machine other than the server itself?
Ya, you are right.

Have you confirmed that the firewall is allowing access to these ports?
Ya, I have also disable firewall too.

Can you stream the file on the same server it's hosted on?
For this question I will check on same server and update u soon.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.