I'm running Windows XP on a 2 year old Fujitsu laptop, Athlon processor, 512 MB RAM. When I have a Olitec USB Wireless Adapter connected the computer freezes randomly, sometimes a few minutes after startup, sometimes after hours of trouble-free run, frequently at night between 03:00 and 04:00. I have already tried the following:
- re-installed Windows and Adapter as the only connected device (so that I can use Windows Update), freeze after a few hours
- used Windows and not the provided software for setting up connection
- verified RAM (computer freezes with either of the two 256MB chips), a first run of Memtest showed an error in RAM, but subsequent runs found everything ok
- it is definitely not a heat problem
- I have run checkdisc, there is nothing in the event log, I have checked for spyware and viruses, XP is up to date
- I have new drivers for the video card (Radeon 9000), the graphic tablet and everything I could think of. Anyway the computer freezes when nothing is connected (excepted the adapter).
If anybody has any idea, please let me know. Thanks