Heya all,

First of all, sorry if this is the wrong part of the forum to post on, i was doubting between the networking and OS forums.

Currently, i have a freecom silverstore-2-NAS but i feel the software is rather restrictive to me.
So what i'd like to do is install custom firmware/OS but i'm not quite sure if it's possible or not.

i've already looked at FreeNAS although i doubt it will be able to run this: the memory requirements seem to be out of the roof, in comparison. Does anyone know if this is possible, or should start assembling a machine myself?

Contributors
Views
3 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Shabbir_2

Hello,

What sort of restrictions you are talking about? Please ellaborate

Well I have been using Syncrify as a third party back up software along with my QNAP and it is working absolutely fine. I would say much better because the features provided by Syncrify are really useful like incremental back up which saves a lot of my time, remote access which give me a better control of my data and there are many others.

You may try Syncrify as well. It might be helpful for you as well.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.