@Subbu_2 - If you want to know when this issue is sorted out then I suggest you bookmark the thread and check on it periodically instead of putting the onus on the OP to contact you. Or, if you go to the first post in the thread and click on the push-pin (assuming you have email enabled) you will be notified when new posts are made in this thread.

In the literal sense, the User name needs to match the account name of the remote PC, to which I use to login to to the remote (network) PC ? As mentioned in Step 3 of the page linked by @rproffitt or it doesn't matter ?

The tutorial also mentions to create a "guest" share account. Formally my "guest" account was disabled; I've sinse enabled it although it's not listed within the User Accounts; only within the Users within Computer Management; does this matter as well ?

The guest account in a built in account. You don't add or remove it, just enable or disable depending on your goals.

In short, if you want unfettered access without account controls, enable guest. I'll stop here since I know I and tutorials covered that.

As to username, I must admit I wonder why you don't try that.

@rproffitt - Look at step three of the link you posted. It says; The User name needs to match the account name of the remote PC. Then it states; You're able to give it a friendly name and the all-important password. It sounds as if I must only give the userName the exact name of the account on the remotePC, then it sounds as if I don't have to by the means of you can give it a friendly name, Which one is it ?

The one is what you decide on. You are the adminstrator, you are guarding all the doors, holding all the keys. Which means that sooner or later, you get to choose.

I enabled guest account within Local Users and Groups of Computer Management but I'm not seeing the guest account within User Accounts ?

Sounds right. Built in accounts just are on/off things for the most part. But if you want control, you don't enable the guest account. I think we covered that before.

If I recall correct we did cover this ?

Although you mentioned for me to understand users and groups and how networking works in Windows other then Windows Server and Linux to follow the tutorial to which I am and it mentions to enable guest.

The tutorial is to cover many scenarios. So they will cover the guest account then you have to decide if that's what you want.

I recall you don't want that. I recall I wrote why so we are covering old ground.

I don't mind that, but at some point I think you'll have to get someone new on your team to help you get this done as well as teach more about Microsoft's ideas and methods.

There are few unaswered questions I have about networking within Windows that are not addressed within the tutorial. As you've hinted, I'm going to move my questions more specific towards Windows elsewhere; thanks for some guidance on this problem.

Hope to see your new questions soon. But here's a thing I noticed about your opening questions. You wanted "this" but Windows didn't do "this." So our chat is to uncover what you are trying to do and learn what Windows does in a non-Server version.

After covering what a non-Windows server version can do, I think you were confused by the tutorial I gave because it covered more than what you eventually will end up using.

Give it time to sink in what Windows non-Server versions do. You have options and no tutorial I know about will write exactly what you may end up using. Almost all mention the Guest account so the goal is to learn what that is, and then decide if that is OK or not. In your case, you should take that as covering what Windows offers and not what you'll be using.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.