Steph102 0 Light Poster

Hi everyone. I have been having trouble with my internet for about a month or two. Comcast is my service provider. All my computers are Dell. The router is a Dell TrueMobile 2300. I was having problems before where the internet would drop off for hours. The Router was replaced by Dell and Comcast replaced the lines to my house. So everything was working fine for two weeks. The connection now drops on and off every 5 minutes. I would right click on the connection and it would start working again. Then there is times where my computer is making connection with the router, but the internet is not coming through. Now the computer that is directly hooked up to the router and modem is working fine. I talked to Comcast they said the modem is receiving the signal fine and last time it dropped off was a date before the new lines were put in. A friend suggested I change the router channel from 6 to 5 incase it is some interference between my network and my neighbors networks. If this does not work what should I do?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.