I have just bought a Belkin wireless g network card (F5D7000uk) to go with a netgear router (WGR614). I can ping router with network card. I have tried disabling the nic and still does not work. I could get internet through the nic before. Tried disabling norton and my firewall. The computer has detected the network card and all drivers are installed plus the software on the disk that came with it. Wireless status is connected and strength is excellent but still i can not connect to the internet. I have tried everything i can think of and would really appreciate any advice!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I can ping router with network card. I have tried disabling the nic and still does not work.

well if you disable the network card, it's not going to work.

I have just bought a Belkin wireless g network card (F5D7000uk) to go with a netgear router (WGR614). I can ping router with network card. I have tried disabling the nic and still does not work. I could get internet through the nic before. Tried disabling norton and my firewall. The computer has detected the network card and all drivers are installed plus the software on the disk that came with it. Wireless status is connected and strength is excellent but still i can not connect to the internet. I have tried everything i can think of and would really appreciate any advice!

Try starting Windows in safe mode:
http://www.pchell.com/support/safemode.shtml

Oh and do what TheNNS said. The NIC will not work when it's disabled.

If it doesn't work in safe mode, and it worked find before, can you at leeast access the router config? Try typing in the router's IP address into the web browser.

Also, what IP address are you reporting? If it's a 169.*.*.*, then you've got the wrong one. Try restarting your router and your computer.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.