I have a PowerMac G3 and PowerBook G3 connected with a Linksys EZXS55W to DSL. The Mac's cannot network as I have forgotten the passwords. Anyway to remedy this just short of bringing them to a MacStore?
Also, recently purchased a Gateway 4520GZ, sales rep recommended the Linksys WRT54G router for it. Is it possible to have all of this networked?
Any help is greatly appreciated!
A sincere rookie,
Rod

I have a PowerMac G3 and PowerBook G3 connected with a Linksys EZXS55W to DSL. The Mac's cannot network as I have forgotten the passwords. Anyway to remedy this just short of bringing them to a MacStore?
Also, recently purchased a Gateway 4520GZ, sales rep recommended the Linksys WRT54G router for it. Is it possible to have all of this networked?
Any help is greatly appreciated!
A sincere rookie,
Rod

Ok, so your EZXS55W is a switch. You will need a router to share the internet connection of your dsl with 2 or more of your computers. Macs will work fine on the network hand in hand with your pc. Networks dont care what kind of computer is using them, they just see the network protocols. (kind of anice perfect world. no racism! :lol: )

but anyways, you forgot some passwords... are they passwords on the computers? or password on your switch? if it is a password set on your switch.. you should be able to physically reset your switch. If its on your computers.. then i have no idea how you are going to determine those? I am not a mac guy in the least. I merely know that they will work fine on the network using the router.

-JonnyBlaze

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.