:rolleyes: this conn.4 pops up in my system tray & is very annoying. it says its diconnected & then goes away.& back again & again. this only does this when i take my laptop to work & connect the lan. awhile back i had created an extra conn. in the wizard by mistake & its been doing this ever sense. i try to disconnect it & it does & then i can't get online. properties only shows this one. i have a wireless card & use it when i'm at home. but if i connect to my lan at home it does the same thing. how can i get rid of this eye sore? :cheesy:

:rolleyes: is there no one out there smart enought to help me? i forgot to mention that it has a netgear wired lancard attached to this gateway solo 9300 laptop. maybe i just did't add enough info. its poping up now as i post this messageat work. it does not do this at home when i use a microsoft wireless card. but if i hook up my netgear wired lan card at home it does the same thing. it had something to do w/ me going into the wizard a while back & adding another connection when this started happening:)

:rolleyes: is there no one out there smart enought to help me? i forgot to mention that it has a netgear wired lancard attached to this gateway solo 9300 laptop. maybe i just did't add enough info. its poping up now as i post this messageat work. it does not do this at home when i use a microsoft wireless card. but if i hook up my netgear wired lan card at home it does the same thing. it had something to do w/ me going into the wizard a while back & adding another connection when this started happening:)

i forgot to say that the message says disconnected. but i'm still connected to the internet.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.