Hello everyone,

THis is Azam from karachi ( Pakistan ). I am working as a network engineer in an ISP.

Acutually, I having a problem when i boot a system from network card so plz give me an idea or solution that how i can boot system from network. DHCP server running windows 2003 server and client machine is win 2000 professional.

Best Regards

Azam

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I'm not too sure about windows 2k, but I'm pretty sure that when you boot it, you can change the boot options by pressing f12 (I believe. On quite a few manufacturers they show you at the bottom of the screen what to push to "Change Boot Options" or for "Boot Options") while it's starting up. If you press the right button, at the right time (when it's listed at the bottom, if it ever is), you should get the option to boot in safe mode, boot this, boot that, and "boot from network."

Like I said, I'm not too sure, so don't quote me yet. It won't be too hard to try, though, even if it is to no avail. Hope I'm helping.

Dear,

Thnkx for reply but i knew that how boot option will come the question is how a system boot from network card to other system or server machine through PXE or PBOOT etc..., Actually i wana to run thin client enviorment in our LAN, I did successfully run terminal services on client machine just wana to boot over network without any harddrive.

Best Wishes

Azam Khan

I'm not too sure about windows 2k, but I'm pretty sure that when you boot it, you can change the boot options by pressing f12 (I believe. On quite a few manufacturers they show you at the bottom of the screen what to push to "Change Boot Options" or for "Boot Options") while it's starting up. If you press the right button, at the right time (when it's listed at the bottom, if it ever is), you should get the option to boot in safe mode, boot this, boot that, and "boot from network."

Like I said, I'm not too sure, so don't quote me yet. It won't be too hard to try, though, even if it is to no avail. Hope I'm helping.

Alright, I just seem to remember the "boot from network card" option being in the boot options.

Hope someone here can help!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.