xp pro on PC
linksys wrt54gs wireless router
cnet pro200wl pci fast ethernet adapter
Wireless connection between the rest of the PCs/laptops in the house works perfectly. Just recently, the wired connection with configuration listed above, has failed to work. If connected to the modem directly internet access is available. Through the router it does not work. Linksys insists, after 40 minutes of troubleshooting, that the problem is with the PC not the router. It appears the network card is the issue, but only when used through the router. Any ideas? I'm lost.

alan

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Member Avatar for Dukane

Do you use MAC Address filtering on the router?

Do you use MAC Address filtering on the router?

That is one of the things linksys had me do. I had to use a wired laptop to access the router settings. I could not access the router at all from the recently affected PC.

Member Avatar for Dukane

You must add your desktop PC's Ethernet adapter into the MAC address list or the router will block all communications coming from that MAC address.

You must add your desktop PC's Ethernet adapter into the MAC address list or the router will block all communications coming from that MAC address.

How do I do that not being able to connect to the router from that PC?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.