I work at a hotel and my boss wants to create a network. I have a existing simple network, but what I would like to do is whenever a client connects there computer to the network, there web browser is redirect to a specific website. After that they can do what ever they would like to do. I can always change the router out with something else, but i just dont know what would do that. If there is any ideas please reply, thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I think you need special software to do that. It obviously requires the internet gateway to keep track of fresh connections, and so you'll either need a dedicated internet gateway computer that runs the software to control this, or if you have a Linksys router, a firmware hack may be available, since Linksys firmware is open source.

There is that famous firmware hack, which I can't remeber what it's called, but it enhances your router to do a lot of things. You migh want to google it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.