Hello. I have a Netgear Super g 108MBPS router, paired with a Netgear Rabgemax PC adapter. Connection speeds are horrible! When I initially connected with tech support's help (all the way from New Delhi) I had 85% signal strength. It was recommended that I move my cordless phone base, and I did, which gave me this signal 85%. However, since that first day, signal strength has been 5-7%, or absent. I am considering an antenna to increase range, but am ignorant on the subject of wireless as a whole. Both computers are running XPSP2, and separation distance is about 25', with an upstairs/downstairs grade. The separation distance is as short as possible, and according to the pkg insert, should be well within range of the hardware capabilities.
Thank you,
Homee2010

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Are there any appliances between the access point and the computer (eg. fridge, freezer, etc.)? Also, I lose internet connection occasionaly when anyone uses a specific type of cordless phone at the house. The base may have nothing to do with it; your problem may be in the signal from the phone itself.

Have you considered a booster?

Are there any appliances between the access point and the computer (eg. fridge, freezer, etc.)? Also, I lose internet connection occasionaly when anyone uses a specific type of cordless phone at the house. The base may have nothing to do with it; your problem may be in the signal from the phone itself.

Have you considered a booster?

Thanks for the reply. Best as I can tell, there is nothing more than a floor and a couple of walls in between. I saw the 2-part booster that plugs into the wall near both router and satellite PC, but I wonder if this will work:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Netgear-WGX102-Wall-Plugged-Wireless-Range-Extender_W0QQitemZ260076394394QQihZ016QQcategoryZ61816QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks, Homee2010

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.