Hi there, :mrgreen: I have been browsing through the forums to see if anyone has had the some problem as I am having, and had no luck finding anything. So, I was wondering if someone would be able to help me out. On my Gateway profile 3 desktop, I pressed the hybernate button on my keyboard and the system went through a system file dump before going into hybernate mode. Not thinking anything of it, I turned the computer back on and tried to access the internet and was unable to. I received an Icon on the bottom (by the clock) That said "limited or no connectivity" - 10.0Mbps.

I tried Several things to try to restore my connection but all attempts have failed. I tried disconnecting the modem and router and reconnecting them, I tried creating a new network, I also went through a "repair internet connection" and that also failed.

Needless to say, my ideas have been exausted. The only thing I could think of is maybe during the "file dump" I might of lost a patch for IE7?!?!?!

Im running IE7 with SP2 and my OS is XP.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks;)

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

you might want to try switching ethernet cables just to make sure there is not a short in the cord. its a very bad sign for the router when you get that message hooked to it. your router has not assigned an ip to your pc when you get that, which it supposed to do automatically.

you might want to try switching ethernet cables just to make sure there is not a short in the cord. its a very bad sign for the router when you get that message hooked to it. your router has not assigned an ip to your pc when you get that, which it supposed to do automatically.

Thanks for the reply. I tried to switch cables and the same thing happened. I also bypassed the router and hooked it straight to the modem and recieved the same message.....Any ideas?......Thanks for all the input:cheesy:

you may want to just disable the message then, it might not be ie7 if you have automatic updates on. if you go into the properties of the connection, at the bottom of the list there is a check box that states "notify me when this connection has limited or no connectivity" uncheck it and then restart your modem and see what ip you get/

Ok, Well, I did what you had told me to do and the same thing happened, except the icon wasnt there (obviously). The LAN on the router isnt lighting up when the Ethernet cable is plugged in, but the comp is reading Limited or no connectivity on one connection and on the other its reading 400 mbps...It doesnt make any sense. I tried running the winsock, That also didnt fix the problem. Im able to ping the address.....But cannot connect to the internet. Any more ideas?

I fixed the problem.... I uninstalled and re-installed the network adapters....Thanks for the help

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.