I am trying to play xbox live using a xbox wireless adapter but in order to do so i need shut down a WEP on my computer.
How do i shut down the WEP i don't have clue where to find it !?!?! :confused:

Contributors
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Duki

WEP is a security feature which can be enabled on wireless APs/routers.

Assuming your internet is going through a router you will need to logon to the routers configuration page.

right-click on your network connection (start->settings->network connections) and click on status. Then click the support tab and write down the default gateway IP.

Next, open IE or FireFox and type: http://192.168.1.1 or whatever your default gateway IP is.

Once connected to the router you will get a login page. If you do not know the username and password the following are typical default settings:

un: admin
pw: (blank)

un: administrator

pw: admin

pw: password

un: (blank)

If none of these work, you may be prohibited from accessing this routers configuration settings; is this your router?

Once logged into the router go to the routers wireless settings page; there should be a link that says wireless settings or or something to that effect. Once here you will see WEP (if it is enabled) in a drop down box, and you will need to change the option from WEP to None.

Warning* this will disable wireless security on your router.

If you need more assistance, just post again and someone will get to you. Hope this helps.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.