I have a Linksys BEFVP41 router that I need to use as my main router because I need to set up a VPN with one remote store. This Linksys will passthrough an AdtranTA612 which is connected via T1. This Adtran is now the main router at my host site and other stores access this router for their internet service through their T1's, but it is not VPN capable. I know I will have to enable the Adtran to pass through to the Linksys, but how do I set up the Linksys to be the new main router? Don't I need to know the static IP address of the Adtran router or any other information in order to make this Linksys router the main router now?

no, your linksys router is probably just being used as a switch or hub, and the adtran is the actual router. they have STATIC ip addresses, so you can't change them. so all you have to do is switch both router to do the function the other was doing and your done.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.