I have connect two computers with a cat5 crossover.One computer is running xphome with ICS and connected to to internet with an ADSL modem.The other is running win2kpro.
The xphome computer can see the other machine in it work group and can access all the shared 'bits'. The win2k machine can see the xp computer ( in computers near me) but I am denied access to the xp computer. The network is 'working' I can pass through the xp computer to the internet with no problem.
Can somebody save my sanity and suggest a solution.Thank you in advance

Make sure you have created an account on the xp box with the same username and password as you use to log in to the 2000 machine. Make sure that user has permissions to the network share you created on the xp box. Or the easy way, you can enable the guest account on the xp box and give the guest users access to the shares you create on the xp machine then anyone who logs on to the 2000 machine should have access to it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.