So I finally bought a domain name via GoDaddy. Only problem is, I don't know how to map it to my server! I assumed that they would let me use their nameservers to map my domain name to my server's IP address. So they give me 3 pairs of nameservers to choose from:

Default hosting names: NS5.SECURESERVER.NET, NS6.SECURESERVER.NET
Default parked names: NS57.DOMAINCONTROL.COM, NS58.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Custom: *, *

I don't have my own nameservers. And I can't seem to find a way to use the default nameservers to map the domain name to my server. In fact, it seems as though the default hosting nameservers are used solely for GoDaddy's paid hosting service. I also tried plugging in my server's IP address into the primary DNS address, but GoDaddy said there was an error (of course, it doesn't think I'd actually want to know what the error was).

Did I just waste 10 bucks? How difficult is it to make my webserver double as its nameserver? Or what do you recommend I do, short of transferring the domain to another provider?

Nevermind, I'm an idiot.

I have the same problem. How do you finally solve to map your domain to the server ip?

Thanks!

commented: Don't revive a dead thread. Read the forum rules first -2

Login to godaddy.com, click on the "domains" tab. click on your domain name entry. Under the "DNS Manager" section, click on the "launch" link.

Same Problem

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.