I have a voip phone that was working fine, then all of a sudden it stopped. I updated the firmware on my router and checked the modem and was sent a new phone adapter, and it still not working,
Yesterday I was doing something on my friends computer and hooked my router to it, and the phones came on, I am running windows vista and she has windows xp.
After searching the internet for answers I found out that vista has a ipv6 security and xp doesnt, could this be the problem? I also noticed a week ago that something called Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface was disabled in my device hardware, could that be part of the problem also?? any help would be appreciated.

small203

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Are you using Skype or something else?
Also reinstall any drivers which came with the product. Also if you have the original packaging look for the logo that says it's compatible with windows vista. If it says compatible with xp and not vista, it will only work on XP.

Are you using Skype or something else?
Also reinstall any drivers which came with the product. Also if you have the original packaging look for the logo that says it's compatible with windows vista. If it says compatible with xp and not vista, it will only work on XP.

No iI'm using Voicewing, it was working and after upgrading my netgear wnr854t router it wouldnt connect anymore, I have tried everything and still no luck, hope you can help me.

If it is not connecting through via your router i think it is a compatability issue.
When you tried it on the Xp computer, was it going through the same router (the upgraded netgear wnr854t) or a different one?

If it is not connecting through via your router i think it is a compatability issue.
When you tried it on the Xp computer, was it going through the same router (the upgraded netgear wnr854t) or a different one?

same router, the only thing is its stays on for only a short amount (maybe 10 mins) of time and then goes off again. If it is a compatibility problem, what can I do?

Find new drivers for the system that you are using. Try the makers website and look for download options, then drivers. Often when you buy a product you have an old version of the drivers, there may be a Vista driver available for your actual phone (Not the VoiceWing system) product. The drivers would be for the handset that you use. I am guessing it connects to your computer via a USB?

I think that your windows is the problem since that I have experience like that. I am a my laptop have a windows vista and regarding with the other software they have some error to essue that could be cause a problerm of using the program..But try to download another supported sofware that could not cause a problem for your voip phone..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.