I am having no success in getting a Web FTP server to be available externally. I will be using Crush FTP software on Mac OSX, which is easy to set up. I also have a dynDNS account for the WAN ip address. My problem is that I have a DSL modem from the ISP, and a wireless DLINK DIR-655 router. The DSL modem is patched into the router Which one do I configure? And what do I configure. Also they are under different subnet mask, do I need to make them the same subnet mask? As yo see am confused, and if you need more info, please ask. Would be really cool to get this to work. Oh, I have a remote desktop connection for testing. That's how I know it isn't working.

thanks in advance for some input

Glenno:
?:

Hey glenno,

You need to configure your router to forwared ports 80 and 21 to your web server. You don't need to do anything to the modem. As for the subnet question, I don't think they need to be under the same subnet mask.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.