Hi,I only just got my laptop back from having lent it to a family member,and now several keys are stiff/clicking in and a round the spacebar area. Any advice please?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I would recommend safely removing the keys if you are feeling adventurous. Otherwise, a wipe with a rag/towel with rubbing alcohol or water will make it less sticky. I would also recommend flipping it upside down and giving it a good pat/shake.

What do you mean by sticking. Is it when you type it is hard to press down some letters or you cannot press down the letters. How old is your laptop, if it is very old, you might consider replacing the keyboard yourself or by an expert. Are you sure there are not any things or small stuff jam in between the keyboard. You can turn it upside and see any things fall out.

What do you mean by sticking. Is it when you type it is hard to press down some letters or you cannot press down the letters. How old is your laptop, if it is very old, you might consider replacing the keyboard yourself or by an expert. Are you sure there are not any things or small stuff jam in between the keyboard. You can turn it upside and see any things fall out.

Its when i press down on a few keys, though for some reason unknown to me it seems less stiff this morning as I am typing this. though it still feels different than the other keys.

I'll do as you both have advised, thank you very much. And I wll let you know what I have done to resolve this. :)

Ok I did What Matt said, I used rubbing alchohol(surgical spirits) and it worked a dream, phew.

Glad to hear than skymap. Good luck, you can always come back here if you have any problems.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.