The baby pulled out the power plug when I was working on the internet (Chrome) and when I turned the computer back on again several hours later the screen resolution was massive (but I've changed the screen resolution so that's fine) and when I scroll down it does this: a line goes down the screen sort of updating it to what was lower and if I use the scroll bar on the side it is literally stuck until the whole screen is updated. The lagging and updating thingy also happens when I move a small box, ex. a word document that is restored down. A line bringing up the update must finish before the box moves. It really is annoying, and please help someone!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Assuming you are running Windows, then boot into safe mode, login, reset the resolution if necessary, and then reboot. This usually works for me, though your mileage may vary... :-)

Thank you so much! I'll do it right away :)

Any luck with that? If not, then you may need to boot from the recovery partition and tell it to restore broken windows components.

Remove and re-install the graphic driver on your PC.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.