I am considering beginning a project involving creating a program that reads RGB values from the current monitor display and compares it with a hardcoded RGB value.

I will run a Playstation emulator (a separate program) and then I want to compare the pixels from the game that it is displaying with hard coded values.

Also, I want to know how to write code to say press the UP arrow on the computer while the emulator is in the foreground (i.e. programming combinations of key presses with the Playstation emulator in the foreground, effectively playing the game for me).

Is it possible to do these tasks easily in C++ or Java? Could someone please advise me as to how each of these two things may be accomplished.

I appreciate any responses.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I would do this in C++.

This is no easy task, you are talking about simlulating keystrokes to the window and making the program 'play the game' for you. In C++ you could either use SendMessage or keybd_event to simulate the keystrokes to the window. Getting the hardcoded data from the screen will not be easy either, I'm not sure how I would even do that.

I would do this in C++.

This is no easy task, you are talking about simlulating keystrokes to the window and making the program 'play the game' for you. In C++ you could either use SendMessage or keybd_event to simulate the keystrokes to the window. Getting the hardcoded data from the screen will not be easy either, I'm not sure how I would even do that.

Thank you for the advice. I assume that you can simulate any key stroke on the keyboard from those classes such as print screen or alt?

I am simply trying to get card drop information in a fairly simple game. I was thinking that all I would need to do was to check a few pixels being displayed in the emulator (separate program) window for certain RGB values so I would know that it is a screen shot worth saving.

I'm not entirely sure, but you could try capturing the windows HDC (using GetDC) and reading pixels from it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.