Hello mates,

Currently Im in my 4th year of Bachelor studies for Computer Science majoring in Information Systems. For this final year, I will need to do a project that will enable me to complete my studies. As for that, I need some of your guidance in choosing the right title for the next 8/9 months.

As starter, I would like to do a project that is on 'research' mode. This literally increase my chances to maybe continue/further the research during my masters. For now, my lecturer gave me an idea to improve existing OCR by creating some machine learning languages to improve the accuracy of OCR tools. This however is on dual mode where both 'research/development' is involved.

Im not so convinced with the idea but I can give a try on it. But before finalising on it, I hope I can come out with better research which can be useful for any category of community.

I hope some of you guys can share with me some research ideas or maybe some ideas to make the abld acove project more convincing. This help would actually do a great deal for my career path.

I hope we can share the ideas here and it is much appreciated. Just say anything :)

Waiting for your replies ;) Thanks in advance!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

For now, my lecturer gave me an idea to improve existing OCR by creating some machine learning languages to improve the accuracy of OCR tools. This however is on dual mode where both 'research/development' is involved.

Were you under the impression that computer science research didn't involve some development? If all you want to do is sit in a chair and think, or write out a few mathematical proofs, or search existing research, that limits your options quite drastically.

Were you under the impression that computer science research didn't involve some development? If all you want to do is sit in a chair and think, or write out a few mathematical proofs, or search existing research, that limits your options quite drastically.

Okay, maybe I was wrong in that sense. It makes sense that Computer Science studies can't run away from development. What do you advise mate?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.