i have set background image on the body of my master page. i have link css file. in my css, i set the image like this and the result was repeated images on the master page body:

body   
{ 

background-image:url('/Styles/bg.jpg'); 
    font-size: .80em;
    font-family: "Helvetica Neue", "Lucida Grande", "Segoe UI", Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif;
    margin: 0px;
    padding: 0px;
    color: #696969;
}

please be of help to me. i do not want the image repeated.

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Use background-repeat: no-repeat;

or if you want it to repeat along one axis
background-repeat: repeat-x
background-repeat: repeat-y

Hello Hericles thanks for your attention. I tried this:

body   
{ 

background-image:url('/Styles/bg.jpg');
background-repeat:no-repeat;

}

But no result, instead i saw my little image hanging. Any other way out?

What do you mean by the image was hanging? Can you attach a screenshot?

i mean i could see the image at the up left of the page. here is the screenshot.

OK, you need to explain what you need. Fist you didn't want it repeated, now showing once isn't enough. Is this image meant to be a banner background across the top of the page? If yes use the repeat-x code line I mentioned before.
If not please explain how it is meant to look.

i want to use the image as background image. i don't want to use background colour for my master page. the image will serve as background colour. please help me out.

You want the entire image, covering the whole page, got it. Seeing as it is a gradient you will need to create a gradient image that is taller than the page is (including high resolution screens) but only 10 or 20px wide. Then use the background-repeat: repeat-x to make it run across the page.
You're gradient would have be perfectly vertical too, only sideways blending will ruin the effect.

Hello, can you help me make the gradient image. I don't know how to make it.

But your image in the screenshot is a gradient... If you have photoshop its pretty easy. Only online tutorial will teach you how in a couple of minutes. If you don't have photoshop I would suggest the the Gimp, its an open source graphics package and a pretty good one.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.