Hey I am 40 and this is getting on my nerves …I need an Online Bachelors degree to make my life and family secure. I have been working as an electronic technician for 20 years. I have also spent 10 years as a labor representative (Union). Now I am tired of watching other’s with any kind of B. degree move ahead and not me. I do not need an Engineering degree. Just something that says B. degree on it. My company does not have a generous tuition reimbursement. I also need my degree fast…I am not getting any younger. All this is making my family worried about me. I have info about online B.degrees but need accredited ones to earn a better future. It would be pleasant of you folks if you can provide me with useful inputs. I know that there are options like PU, Ashford …but can you suggest some more to make me decide better considering the finance issue.

jwenting commented: scammer -3

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

welcome, but i dont know anything about bachelors degrees (i live in england). Moved to the lounge, where it should get more attention.

<deleted by AD>

wow ancient, you sound depressed

wow ancient, you sound depressed

TV is lousy right now :@ Nothing but old reruns.

TV is lousy right now :@ Nothing but old reruns.

Theres always the internet! They have tv on that. :)

had you gotten that degree instead of harassing people with degrees and worthwhile jobs in your capacity as a union person you'd not have been in the situation where you are now.
Your fault, your choice.
Don't expect us to show you any diploma mills where you can buy a degree for a few hundred dollars and no effort.
If you have what it takes to really put in the effort to learn the stuff needed for that degree, you also have what it takes to find a reputable educational institution to provide you with the tutoring and have you sit your exams.

IMO degrees lets the employers know that you are committed to higher education and are trainable. They want to get bang for their buck when they send you to their training folks. You don't ever want to mislead anyone especially an emplyer or you will be going no where fast.

IMO degrees lets the employers know that you are committed to higher education and are trainable. They want to get bang for their buck when they send you to their training folks. You don't ever want to mislead anyone especially an emplyer or you will be going no where fast.

While this may be true for someone starting a career, I'd argue that after a 20-year career in a specific field, the Bachelor's Degree should be a moot point, especially in a trade where one can feasibly make a start without requiring at least 4 years of university. That people that far into a career get passed over for something because of so trivial a reason infers to me that the employer has some issues.

That said, I believe that degrees in History or English (or possibly other liberal arts) are typically easier to acquire; then again, I have no idea if this still holds at an online institution. No idea as to a good online program either.

somebody will replace you ,no big deal

infarction, techbound, this entity doesn't want to study for its degree.
She doesn't even care what degree it is, as long as it's a degree.
She wants a scam operation where he can buy a piece of paper saying she has a degree, in the hope that will trick potential employers into giving her more senior jobs than her 20 years as a strike leader will do.
As it is, I'd not hire her for any reason based on that union boss status alone. Classes her as a troublemaker, a liability who isn't motivated to work, only to leech the company until it goes under.

:) ty for clarifying.

I really feel that the fact that a mans promotion is counted on the stake of a degree considering his experience is a bit awkward but its all about the corporations rules as I might think .Not all companies have policies like these but a degree relates to your educational experience. Like you already suggested PU and Ashford are good but if you want more options I think that this link Online bachelor degree will help you to make a better decision. (And considering the company reimbursement...That’s not an issue I feel cause you can get yourself better be it them or no).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.