Hi, I don't want to sound like im selling things but basically i run my own web design business and the amount of customers has been slow and I need help so if any of you need websites designed or have any ideas about how to get more customers please let me know you can also contact me at <snipped>.

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

I would think that the next best step for you would be to examine how you're marketing yourself as a designer. Perhaps you could contact some smaller hosting companies and see if they would be interested in arranging for some kind of partnership of some kind.

ok ill try that thanks for the help

Are you also a "coder" and a web designer? I might need some help with my site if you would like to let me know what are you good at. my e mail is <snip></snip>
thanks.

Have emailed you

Hi, I have just registered my company, thanks for the help.

Hi, Zolacat:

The Dani community sends me a message saying my reply to you is a spam, can you explain to them how can my reply be a spam if you send me a "thank you note", the community should correct its behavior in differentiate what is a true span or not.

Thanks!

Jenny

Content is determined as spam if it violates our "Keep it Spam Free" section in our community rules:
http://www.daniweb.com/forums/faq.php?faq=daniweb_policies

What people say in response does not change the rules, and you certainly shouldn't expect it to. It's fairly simple: if you violate a rule on that page, you're most likely going to receive the punishment described on the page for that particular rule.

Finally, a list of our community leaders is available here:
http://www.daniweb.com/forums/showgroups.php

If you have been wrongly punished for a rule you feel you didn't violate, you're welcome to contact a super moderator or one of the administrators from the list and have it reconsidered.

Well I do not think I am spamming the rules say that you are not allowed to self advertise well Im not self advertising I was getting some help in the marketing sector which people have been very helpful with which is what the forum is for isn't it.

Hi, I don't want to sound like im selling things but basically i run my own web design business and the amount of customers has been slow and I need help so if any of you need websites designed or have any ideas about how to get more customers please let me know you can also contact me at <snipped>.

Hi,am interested in having my own web site

>Im not self advertising I was getting some help in the marketing sector which people
>have been very helpful with which is what the forum is for isn't it.
No and no. Asking for business constitutes self-promotion, and our rules are fairly clear on this:

Do not spam, advertise, plug your website, or engage in any other type of self promotion.

If you have a business-related question or need advice (read: not asking for customers), then it should be posted in the IT Water Cooler. (Site Management might also apply in some circumstances.) Additionally, the IT Water Cooler contains job offers, so if you want business, try looking into some of the freelancer jobs posted there.

This is just turning into a big spam thread, and as such, I'm closing it. If you want further advice on growing your business, feel free to ask in the forums mentioned above. Thank you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.