Hey everyone,

I currently have in interest in making a specialized internet browser however I don't know where to start. I was hoping to create a basic one and then add functionallity to it as time goes on. I have knowledge in C/C++ and some PHP. I know I'm going to have to lean a lot more but I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
-Barefoot

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

well easiest option would be to make your own custom frontend around an existing internet engine (you can do this in visual studo using IE, for example) or if your feeling more adventurous you could get hold of the mozilla sourcecode

Thanks. Ill see what I can come up with. Any other suggestions?

yeah, its very hard to write a whole browser engine yourself so i think it would be wise to vhoose the oath of either modifying mozilla (god bless open source :)) or using something like Visual Studio to make a custom in terface to IE.

I did the latter option in VB.NET lataly, i built a whole custom (ie6 looking lol) interface to IE as my dad didnt liek IE7s new look

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.