HI, i am a noob to this all but how can in crease by download speed???:$

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Hello.

Well when you do download what dose it say your transfer speed it. And what is your internet connection speed. Whats the specs of your computer?

Tech TJ.

i apparently have 8.1 Mbs usin a orange livebox but only get 21.3 kb/s when i am downloading, it is takin 5hours for 339 MB

Now it says you have 8.1 but you're not going to get that if while you are surfing the internet while you are downloading because the transfer rate has to be split in between loading the site you are looking at and the file you are looking at. Also just because your computer says it has a transfer rate of 8.1 if the site is only letting you download at a certain rate you will only be able to download what they want you to download on.

So my suggestion is when you're downloading the file just dont do anything else on your computer and see if that helps. But the site may not let support a very fast download either.

What is it that you're trying to download?

Tech TJ

i am trying to download diffrent add ons for the sims 2, from mod the sims, also i have norton 360, and do u have a megaupload premium account that you could lend me pls mayb it wuld go faster???

No sorry I dont have an account with that. But I would say its more of the fact that they dont want you download past a certain speed so that you will buy the account with them so they limit the download speed. Sorry but i dont think there is really anything you can do to help make it go any faster besides buying an account.

Best Regards
Tech TJ

Do you think anyone would lend me there account

Do you think anyone would lend me there account

Why would you want it?

use a download accelerator like IDM or DAP. It'll accelerate your downloads by upto 400%

Hi

I am using 128Kbps connection & my download speed is somewhere around 15-18 Kbps. However some times it goes up to 150-200 Kbps. So I want to know tht is there any way so that I can always get same speed.

Thanks & Regards

Alok

Hi

I am using 128Kbps connection & my download speed is somewhere around 15-18 Kbps. However some times it goes up to 150-200 Kbps. So I want to know tht is there any way so that I can always get same speed.

Thanks & Regards

Alok

not really. the reason it is doing that is the fault of your ISP. the only other thing you can do is download 1 thing at a time and stay off of a web browser while downloading. if you are running from a wireless router depending on the connection strength that could also slow it down

Member Avatar for thunderstorm98

It happens during Startup of Downloads and this speed don't stay for long, it comes down to its original speed (20% of your Internet Connection Speed). If you want to Improve Download Speed click here this tweak may helps you.

hi

SORRY to say this, but if your Internet speed is anywhere below 500 kilobytes a second, then you are behind modern times. There are many ways to dramatically improve your Internet speed, many of which are free; some not. If you want to make your Internet speed faster, here’s how. { Pieces 1-5 are about hardware, pieces 6-8 are about getting a good browser, and pieces 9-11 are about configuring Firefox. } you can chk the inter speed test from ip speed test at free of cost.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.