Take away all your understanding of search and the way the web works.

Sit down in front of your computer and open IE,etc...

What page loaded? Thats where you search from.

I have noticed over the years that most people DONT HAVE A CLUE WHAT THEY ARE DOING AND DONT CARE....

I am amazed how many people i hear @ restaurant drive thru's order the wrong soda!! (They are totally unaware of what soda the place has,its quite sad really)

I mostly goto google and if i cant find it there i goto yahoo......

My ISP created thier own search page for invalid URLs entered in address bar ... I opted out of that straight away!! (Im actually surprised they had an option to opt out)

Do you think the "average" user understands or even cares about the benefits of one SE vs. another?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

No they are not. infact they are understanding Google search box as browser and typing URL there...

Yes i have seen that many times...........

Me too...for me also, i regularly use google and switch to yahoo if I can't find it in google.

I use google exclusively -- if I can't find it with google then I assume it can't be found anywhere. I don't even consider yahoo search, not because I don't like it but because I consider google to be better. Am I right? maybe yes and maybe no. And do I really care? No.

Well, that's your choice. Me, I consider Yahoo because there are also other things that we can't find in google but in Yahoo there is.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.