I posted 2 days ago about connections problems to Google.com and more major websites. The reason was broken pipes from my country to the USA.

While this connection problem occurred I noticed that when I accessed other websites, that were easily accessible, the Google toolbar slowed down the connection speed. After disabling the toolbar all was ok and the speed was good again.

I thought the toolbar didn't affect the speed of accessing other websites except from checking the PR, but it actually caused a long delay for each page to appear. I don't how much of a problem this is but I got a feeling that the toolbar plays a bigger role in the surfing experience than I previously thought.

I know this may reveal my little knowlegde of the technology behind the Google Toolbar but that's ok, maybe you will teach me a little about this stuff.

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Robdale

I don't think a google toolbar would slow down your connection that much, since it's not really doing too much. It sounds more like general connection issues, are you using wireless? I'm not a whiz on computers, but normally google's toolbar doesn't affect the speed at which you surf the net. Sorry i couldn't be more help.

I too agree with Techie's answer, toolbar don't affect the net speed. May be some sites which takes lot of time to load can affect the speed.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.