i request help on this topic: MSN, Google and Yahoo Directory currently ignore on of my clients website. None of the other search engines seems to have trouble.

The index.html is already in the three above. From there on, a cms is called through a frameset looking like this:

frame top= /cgi-bin/cms.pl?template=start
frame bottom= /cgi-bin/cms.pl?template=foot

These two pages are searchable as well (along with index.html) in Google, MSN and Yahoo, but none of the following pages.

So, i have a total of three pages , while some hundred are waiting since november 2002. The sites deeplinks look like this:

<a href = /cgi-bin/cms.pl?template=article //for categories
<a href = /cgi-bin/cms.pl?template=article&id=1234 //for articles

I used webmasterplan.de with their "this is how your site looks to engines" tool and found out that this tool requires "=" to be replaced by "%3d" (ascii opcode for equal signs). is this the same for google and company ?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I dont have any idea about this.

i request help on this topic: MSN, Google and Yahoo Directory currently ignore on of my clients website. None of the other search engines seems to have trouble.

The index.html is already in the three above. From there on, a cms is called through a frameset looking like this:

frame top= /cgi-bin/cms.pl?template=start
frame bottom= /cgi-bin/cms.pl?template=foot

These two pages are searchable as well (along with index.html) in Google, MSN and Yahoo, but none of the following pages.

So, i have a total of three pages , while some hundred are waiting since november 2002. The sites deeplinks look like this:

<a href = /cgi-bin/cms.pl?template=article //for categories
<a href = /cgi-bin/cms.pl?template=article&id=1234 //for articles

I used webmasterplan.de with their "this is how your site looks to engines" tool and found out that this tool requires "=" to be replaced by "%3d" (ascii opcode for equal signs). is this the same for google and company ?

Is your site completely build with a CMS? If so which one? One of the sites I maintain is completely done in CMS (and a really niche one at that) and I have no problem with this site being found by the SEs.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.