Hi

There are lessons we have learned while doing internet marketing. Which lessons have you learned? I have learned:
1. NOT to create a website on Flash, especially the home page.
2. Becareful where you submit your links.
3. You can create the best website but if you dont plug it, it will not get much visitors.
4. Be attentive to "Above The Fold"
5. Dont violate Google's search engine crawler rules.

Recommended Answers

All 17 Replies

I'll add a couple:

6. Be patient and do things the right way and you'll be rewarded eventually.

7. Keep working. Keep reading. And keep learning.

9. Dont just go crazy for any so called guru's high ticket product regarding internet marketing claiming huge money.
10. Treat your online business a serious business and follow the disciplines.

Hi

There are lessons we have learned while doing internet marketing. Which lessons have you learned? I have learned:
2. Be careful where you submit your links.
3. You can create the best website but if you don't plug it, it will not get much visitors.
5. Don't violate Google's search engine crawler rules.

I just want to add some point:

6. not to use java script, iframes, spalsh pages etc.
7. never host your website with the bad neighbor.
8. always create a website for a human not for the search engine.
9. never believe in the ranking sparks .. seo is a continuous process so you have to keep working on this.

Do not use keywords stuffing on web page.
Do not use unethical ways for website promotion.
Do manual promotional work and avoid auto submitting softwares.

This is fabulous insights. Thanks!

Hi

3. You can create the best website but if you dont plug it, it will not get much visitors.

Can you elaborate on number 4 please? Thanks.

Can you elaborate on number 4 please? Thanks.

importance on the site should be referenced on the home page, above the line where the 'average' fullscreen user's browser cuts the page off.
that cutoff is the 'fold line'

I'll add a couple:

6. Be patient and do things the right way and you'll be rewarded eventually.

7. Keep working. Keep reading. And keep learning.

I second that.

Be patient and keep working. "Quit" is the word that should not be on the page of your dictionary.

I would like to ad a few to this that carry over from traditional marketing. Do not let the sales force play to big a role in website content creation.
Do employ a copywriter when possible.
Do monitor content being posted to corporate blogs by employees.
Do chose social media opportunities that fit your business model rather than an all or nothing approach.
Do manage expectations of the people who view the web as a magic, unending pool of ready to close sales opportunities.

Very nice tips. I agree, never use flash and never violate Google's search engine crawler rules.

Using Flash on websites is not as popular as it was years ago. Marketers have learned their lessons.

yeah, flash is a PITA in my opinion, and also not good for SEO.

One idea perhaps could be like trying to forget about the search engine world sometimes and merely focusing over the way people would like to see the completed sites and web pages.

Using Flash on websites is not as popular as it was years ago. Marketers have learned their lessons.

In a previous life I wrote for CRN and I did a story about how Flash was used by one company to create a web-based reservation system for a hotel. Back then Flash as a web development tool was being questioned and never really took off except for buttons, banner ads and drop down menu's. Personally, I have only ever used Flash for automated presentations for trade show booths.

A few years ago, I encountered many websites - especially their home page - done entirely in Flash. From an analytics and SEO perspective, these websites may have had high bounce rates and the spiders were unable to crawl through the site - not a good thing for SEO.

Hi

Every website needs different SEO tactics to increase the traffic. Meta tags, submission to directories, blog writing, do follow blog commenting and link exchange etc are some common practices. The content of the web pages also plays important role in SEO exercise. I focus more upon: Press releases, Reciprocal Links, Forum Posting, Post newsgroups, Article submission, commenting upon do-follow blogs.

I have found that the do comment blogs help tremendously.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.