I am trying to create an authority site on a topic ranking for multiple keywords.

Are there any special on-site tips to doing this? For example, if you have a page targeting a single keyword would it help to have 10 other posts using variations/similar words and have all 10 of those posts pointing only to the main one?

Are there any differences in the way you approach off-site SEO, or is it just a matter of targeting a single page at a time with multiple backlinks i.e. treating every one of these target pages like a homepage?

I look forward to your thoughts. I read a lot about niche sites targeting a single word, but I am not familiar with the way to approach a larger site of 100+pages.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Using variations is advisable but why you will point all of them to home page? If you use variations point them to specific landing page.

You can target and use several keywords but as mentioned not using your homepage for all of them is highly recommended.

You can point links to your internal pages which would then be found when people search the net for other secondary words.

thanks, my strategy will be 10 on-site articles per major keyword that i am targeting, with links from 9 articles to the 1 authority article

I am trying to create an authority site on a topic ranking for multiple keywords.

Are there any special on-site tips to doing this? For example, if you have a page targeting a single keyword would it help to have 10 other posts using variations/similar words and have all 10 of those posts pointing only to the main one?

Are there any differences in the way you approach off-site SEO, or is it just a matter of targeting a single page at a time with multiple backlinks i.e. treating every one of these target pages like a homepage?

I look forward to your thoughts. I read a lot about niche sites targeting a single word, but I am not familiar with the way to approach a larger site of 100+pages.

I would like to say that you should not target more than 5 keywords through a single page.you should try different landing pages for the different types of keywords, because you can not write a proper content targeting so many keywords..and again keyword density will suffer. Same concept is applicable for the meta data and title tag too.

I would like to say that you should not target more than 5 keywords through a single page.you should try different landing pages for the different types of keywords, because you can not write a proper content targeting so many keywords..and again keyword density will suffer. Same concept is applicable for the meta data and title tag too.

i target one keyword per page, and will have 10 internal links pointing to the authority pages

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.