Hi friends,

I have a website which is ranking top on most of the keywords and PR is also good. As we are going to change it on joomla so for keep the site performance same say keywords ranking, PR so what should i do for it.

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Basically it has no difference except that for Joomla or any other CMS, you have much more limitations to Onsite Optimization such as H1/H2 Tags etc. However, the most important thing is to make sure it's set in permalink and you have done the necessary 301 redirects to point the old pages to the new ones so that you will not lose any of the old links.

Noooo not Joomla... go with Wordpress seriously Joomla is a nightmare for SEO they are waaaaaaay behind Wordpress and you know why? becasue there are liteally thousandfs of developers out there creating amazing plugins everyday.

With wordpress you can simoply add H1,H2 tags, auto meta tags custome titles... absolutely anything you want to tweak you can. I am in the process of taking one of my clients from a Joomla site over to wordpress simplybecasue we cannot get the keyword relevancy we need.
At risk of self promotion I wrote a post about some of the best Plugins for Wordpress which can make a huge difference to your SEO efforts.

Hi friends,

I have a website which is ranking top on most of the keywords and PR is also good. As we are going to change it on joomla so for keep the site performance same say keywords ranking, PR so what should i do for it.

Hi friends,

There is no such a difference between these .Tools that are used for optimizing this are the same as in SEO but some improvements in that are You can now enable search engine friendly URL's without using Apache Mod_Rewrite
,You can add a suffix (.html) to the URLs

SNIP

Hi friends,

No it will not change any results in pagerank. also keyword ranking can be saved if you try to add tags to your links.

i'm going to take a stab in the dark and sayu that this thread must be ranked well for Joomla SEO and the last two comments didn't even make sense... am i right?

I just need to learn now Joomla, I have heard about it many times so now want to gain some kowledge regarding it.

in my opinion, using any of CMS providers out there like Joomla will have no effect on your optimization, it really lies on you, on how you optimize the pages.

Your joomla website should not face any serious SEO related problem. However you can take some precautions. Check my signature. Here is an article you can go through it. It's interesting and might help you to understand something related to joomla and SEO.

Thanks to all of you. I enjoyed the discussion and learned a lot.

Thanks for your valuable time.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.