In the late 1990s, keyword density became an important factor for SEO and the site with more keywords will get higher ranking. Webmasters discovered this search engine secret and started adding more keywords in pages to get higher search benefits. Nowadays, the Search Engines are giving more priority to many other factors to avoid keyword stuffing.
Keyword density is the percentage of times a keyword or phrase appears on a web page compared to the total number of words on the page. My dear Internet marketing friend, search results are determined by relevancy and NOT BY ADDITIONAL KEYWORDS ON YOUR PAGES. Google relevancy is determined by over 200 factors, one of which is the PageRank for a given page.
Guidelines for using keywords in contents
1. Avoid using analytical tools to find keywords on your pages, verify manually
2. Make clear and quality content about your product or services without adding more keywords
3. Avoid using more links in your content (100-150 words per link recommended)
4. To avoid keyword stuffing SPAM issues use at maximum 2% of keywords in your content
5. Use the below formula to calculate keyword density percentage
(Total Number of Keywords/ Total number of Words) * 100