I was wondering what your thoughts were about buying text links. Where is the best place to buy text links? Has anyone had any experience buying permanent text links? I'm actually more in favor of gaining links through article marketing, quality directories, and joint ventures but I'm always willing to give new strategies a chance.

Looking forward to hearing your comments.

- Alli Ross

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Buying links can be an expensive proposition. When buying a link the goal should be 2x: drive traffic and increase page/site authority.

Text link ads is probably the most notable link exchange, but there are several others. Article writing is a good strategy if you can other sites to syndicate. Otherwise you'll just keep getting links from the same article sites as opposed to other unique domains.

Hi All

Link Popularity is probably one of the most inportant SEO activity.
Buying text links can be one of the best way to increase your link popularity as long as the links are permanent links, quality links, theme based, no FFA, no black hat techniques are used.
I can also help you out if you are looking for Link Popularity.
Do let me know.

Thanks

I look at buying text links this way. If your site is a PR5 and you want it to be a PR6, you'll need a very impressive bunch of PR4 and PR5 links to get there. You might, however, be able to do it by adding a PR7. PR6s and 7s are hard to trade for unless you have something equal to trade. That leaves you with buying one or more, probably on a monthly basis. Once again, keep your goals and ROI in mind, and the link text is critical. I just did a little test on a new site that went up in the middle of June. I arranged for a sitewide that was headed up by a PR7 with PR6s and 5s also. So far it's come out of this last update as a PR6 on the home page, 85 PR5 pages and 45 PR4s. For PR3s and below I just wouldn't bother with a putchase. You can easily get tons of them yourself. All it takes is time.

buying Text links can get you into trouble.

Matt cutts warned in his post that after Jagger updates, Google is very much aware of sites who are buying text links or having Link networks...

Go for natural link exchange

Oh boy. Not this subject again!

The best place to "buy" text links are from relevant sites that are virgin - meaning they don't sell text links are not on the radars of the engines. In other words, buy text link ads from sites that currently don't sell them is your best bet.

And Daniweb of course is a great place to buy links ;-)

Placing your links in content reach articles is the best way to improve your seo quality.
We provide this metod for our customers and use for our sites and the response is very great.
If you'd like I can give you more info and seo tips.

You can still buy links and sell links by placing them in content but yes, should be from the relevant websites or web pages.

Buying text links is ok as long you will placed links wisely. Top players buy links

Instead of preaching about the negative effects that buying links can have on a webpage's ranking, here's what is written by the search engine ...

"However, some SEOs and webmasters engage in the practice of buying and selling links that pass PageRank, disregarding the quality of the links, the sources, and the long-term impact it will have on their sites. Buying or selling links that pass PageRank is in violation of Google's webmaster guidelines and can negatively impact a site's ranking in search results."

I am not in a favor of buying links. I don't think it is worth to buy links. Previously, google had penalized many of the sites for the same reason. If you buy links you will have to face its negative impact on site's ranking in search results.

It's time consuming, but there are better ways to build your inbound link profile than buying links from link brokers.

Buying links seems like gray hat/black hat territory. I defer to CanadaFred and the search engine guidelines he quotes.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.