I want to know about the google bombing. Anybody knows about it?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

A Google bomb is a challenge to increasing a ranking of a given site in result returned by the google search engine.

@martandtech Couldn't understand what you are trying to reffer over here ! What I am sure is you are trying to explain things up over here but I don't know what you .... !

Can anyone explain what google bombing is in simple way (with an example). It's not easy to understand.

Well, @Johnp72014 I have already mentioned about the Google bombing in way more simple term over the top but if you are still running onto confusion I would say better option for you would be reading out over the Google Bombing over Wikipedia as I think that can help you more in undersatanding what actually Google bombing is !!!

It is the process of ranking a webpage highly in the search results for irrelevant or unrelated content. For eg : when you type in the word "car" and if the results are obtained as "bikes" , then it is referred as google bombing since the websites are optimized for entirely irrelevant terms.

Ok, so basically through Google bombing algorithm Google challenges you to increase you search rankings by using something irrelevant to your site. I mean to say that for example you have a site called college. You have stuffed your codings such that if anybody searches using a keyword like placement or high schooling and you come on top of the results when even these words have no relevancy to your site. Interesting.....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.