Google 2015,

Google is Rooling out an Update on 21st of April and the Information we got is for Mobile Friendly Websites.

R U Mobile Friendly??

If Yes.. Have you did the Mobile Friendly Test (Search:: google mobile friendly tool)

If you're not mobile friendly. Please Make your Blog/Website Mobile friendly.

Effects of Update.
Well We Don't Know untill update is completed and may be many big websites/blog will suffer from the Update.

Hope You will be on safe side of Update (Mobile friendly).

AleMonteiro commented: Thanks for the warning +9

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Yes Google is going to rolling out Mobile Friendly Search Algorithm on this 21st April. This could be great updates after penguin in late last year. If your website is not mobile than you will be in hurdle so rewamp your website today without late. Anyone can test mobile friendly site AT https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/mobile-friendly/

@Sophia, I think it depends on the no of visitors who are coming to a website from mobile. I mean, if the website is not mobile friendly and very low number of vistiors are turning out from their mobile, will not effect the website rankings on SERPS. However, it will take some time to show the real effect for a website which is not mobile friendly, when the desktop traffic starts declining.

@samauden, but we can'nt say that google will leave the websites who get visitors from Laptop/computer. In update all blog/sites has to pass the google test.

Yes it is the great update from Google after Panda and Penguin. But think "how much of your target audience is using a mobile to find your site." Yes my dear Google is targetting search results delivered to mobile devices.

You know! I've only .7% of audience from mobile devices. So this time it is not so hard for me. Just read this Finding more mobile-friendly search results

Yes we should start considering moving to a responsive design as soon as possible.

i think the latest update is a goo dthing especially since most people are using the internet from phones these days. so it reasons that since the user is the king your website has to suit the needs of the use by being mobile friendly

Anybody else get the feeling that Google is developing something similar to Facebook's built-in browser? I have a strong hunch that Google's mobile search will soon turn into a Google search app, and it will serve up mobile-ready sites within this app just to keep users inside the Google interface. What do you guys think?

Don't forget that it's for mobile search. If you recieve a small amount of mobile traffic then this update won't affect you much. If you depend heavily on mobile traffic then definetely get your site responsive.

I had Verified my websites using Google Mobile Friendly tool, and passed the mobile friendly test too.

from Google it shows Non Responsive won't affect Desktop search results.

Mobile-friendly-update-FAQ.png

Kind Regards

i think the latest update is a goo dthing especially since most people are using the internet from phones these days. so it reasons that since the user is the king your website has to suit the needs of the use by being mobile friendly

But think "how much of your target audience is using a mobile to find your site." Yes my dear Google is targetting search results delivered to mobile devices.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.