Hi,

I need some suggestion on how to analysis traffic to my web site ? and how web stats information instantly updated for my website ? If anyone know about this please help me

Recommended Answers

All 24 Replies

If you are targetting any specific location, you should check Google analytics for gio location from where you are getting visitors. More traffic from your targeted location assure that your are going in to right direction. Also you can check from which keywords you are getting most traffic. If you are not getting more traffic from your mail targeted keywords, you need to change your stretegy. You can get details like landing pages, bounce rate, browser details and many more in Google Analytics.

Thanks for your valuable reply.:).I also try gostats.com it give free analytics & hit counter, analysis the traffic to website so what you things about that??. please suggest me

You can also try extreme tracking. I'm using the free version since 2006 and is very useful. You get the updates is real time and also OS,country,type of device, keywords, time of visit and many other info.

Thank You for valuable and quick reply.I am search out some free Analytics &hit couter site but Google Analytics like someone standing outside of a grocery store and putting a price tag on all the customers that enter the store. When those customers leave the store, Google can target ads directly to those people and these ads were purchased by a competing grocery store. This pushes up customer acquisition costs and reduces customer LTV (because of higher attrition).so that i cant perfer Google Analytics .and I Also search statscouter w3counter and gostats..I found analytics & free hit counter on goStats. So what you things about that??

Please let me know your wonderful opinion. Keep connect with me thanks :)"

Problem with google stats and analytics is they generally lag behind by 3 or more days. If he is looking for a more up to date solution he will need to hunt down a stats tracking script or create his own.

I suggest universal analytics. It is from Google as well, sort of an improved Google analytics.

It has a set of features that improves how Google analytics collects and organized your data for a much better results and understanding on how users interact with your content online.

Wow, It's a little surpising to see the fanfare for google analytics. Google is harmful to your business because of how your data is used. Plain and simple: If you are trying to build a business or have a vision to accomplish something with your website, then Google is a big mistake. The problems with how your data is used are too big to ignore. Do you want advertisers to take away all your customers just because they have a million dollars in funding and you don't? Because using google analytics you are telling those advertisers: "Here are my customers, please take them away from me, I don't care about my business that much."

Such a shame that mis-infomration is so common on this topic. Anyway, hope you have learned something :)

Oh, by the way, there is still hope - just remove google from your site and install something else. You won't miss the clunky google reporting interface that's for sure. :) Your business will be much better for it.

remytargus; although google does exploit data the size of the search engine makes it impossible to ignore. By not playing ball with Google you'll see some pretty scary results for your website in the SERPs. Also dont kid yourself, Bing, Baidu, and the rest of them are just as bad. So pick your poison or dont get listed, either way you just gotta play it smart.

Thanks to everyone for your valuable replies.and I agree with Remytargus.
I have tried some software but I found that Google is having lot of significant data problems.For alternative I also tried goStats & piwik ,w3counter & I found that goStats is best option as they provide free analytics & hit counter but piwik software is too costly. What are your opinions about that? Please suggest me?plz connect with me.

@PixelatedKarma; "playing nice" with google is a losing strategy. A few reasons: Due to intense monoply/anti-trust battles, Google cannot lower your SERPs by not including google analytics in your site. In fact it's more likely that they will increase your SERPs because google analytics isn't de-valuing all your backlinks by telling google which ones are not getting clicks. (Yes this happens and it's horrible - try an experiement yourself if you want to destroy value on some established sites)

Long story short: Google Analytics: bad for SEO, bad for growing your business. (Unless you don't want to work for yourself and prefer that you didn't have a website. Maybe you can get a G+ page and a job as a foot-stool to google programmers)

@Matthew_9, piwik is actually free, but you are right, there are costs involved in hosting and maintaining it. Although I prefer gostats.org as it has a SaaS offering and the overall economics work out better.

@remytargus; In the EU you could be right that that is where Google is going especially with the EUs last judgement on Google (also remember that this happened back in the late 90s and early 2000s with Microsoft who at last count is still a major player in technology). In the rest of the world where Google still has strongholds you need to play the game if you want results in competitive niches. Not playing the game with each search engine is just one more reason your competitors have to rank above you. Think about it, who would you support, your fans or the guy who doesn't like you? Business is about doing work with people you like.

I have yet to come across a top ten Google SERP website, in a competitive niche, which doesn't play by googles rules (not just analytics but also with their best practices). And to say that their best practices are out to lunch you'd also be calling the best practices of Bing, Yahoo, Baidu and Duckduckgo wrong as well since the core fundamentals of their best practices are very similar to Google's. This is how they (w3c and the super powers of the net) arrived at agreeing on what the semantic web is.

Now furthermore, if you are producing quality relevant content with a solid link scheme (two more SE BPs); there is no reason why you should need to hide the popularity of your links from any search engine, Google or otherwise. If you are seeing poor results on search engines like Googles, it could very well be pointing to issues much larger then throwing their analytics script on your website.

And for the record; out of the last 90 or so web projects, not a single one was hurt short term or long term by having google analytics installed. The only hinderance that we faced was the fact that it takes 3 days or more for results to be accurately reflected.

@PixelatedKarma; I'm not advocating to eschew best practices such as creating valuable content and using ethical marketing practices. I'm saying that the analytics code does not increase SERPs in any measurable way. In scientific tests, it actually showed worse results (However those results may have been impacted by the other problems with giving away your data). You should certainly follow the best practices, but it's foolish to install google analytics and expect it to give any edge. Because of how data works, you are more likely to get incidental ranking problems co-inciding with your google analytics tag data.

I'm not sure how you setup the 90 site experiment, but it sounds like google code was placed on all sites? If so, how did you actually compare the math on the LTV per customer? I've done a scientific experiment and there is certainly a negative effect with google tags installed.

Wow, It's a little surpising to see the fanfare for google analytics. Google is harmful to your business because of how your data is used. Plain and simple: If you are trying to build a business or have a vision to accomplish something with your website, then Google is a big mistake. The problems with how your data is used are too big to ignore. Do you want advertisers to take away all your customers just because they have a million dollars in funding and you don't? Because using google analytics you are telling those advertisers: "Here are my customers, please take them away from me, I don't care about my business that much."

Such a shame that mis-infomration is so common on this topic. Anyway, hope you have learned something :)

are you series about your reply Mr.remytargus, suggest some other analytics which is free or some how affordable one

Its not a 90 site experiment. Its 90 sites with 90 sets of google analytics; none of which have suffered in ranking.

Woo Rank is best anaylsis tool for complete anaylsis of any website. Small Busines SEO tools also provide deeply information for KEYWORD anylsis, site loading time, visitors and backlinks of site.

@advent_geek I found that free web analytics and Hit counter on gostats.continues to provide a reliable site stats traffic counter service with web analytics .

@advent_geek; Yes I am serious. Another free analytics software which optimizes your budget and needs would require more information about your business and how you run it. I can show you the process and we can choose an alternative tool. (By the way, I think you don't understand how expensive Googe Analytics is to your business in a hidden way)

PixelatedKarma;

Its not a 90 site experiment. Its 90 sites with 90 sets of google analytics; none of which have suffered in ranking.

That's not a scientific experiment. It full of confirmation bias too. To scientifically understand this, you need to run a control group from which to compare it with. All you have seen is that your "rankings" didn't tank. But that means nothing if you gave half of your business value/growth away. (Instead of growing 12% per month, you could have grown 24% per month for example)

ok..try gostats it will help you to manage traffic of your website & give you information about the updates for your websit. its GUI & GA is good as compare to google analytics.If you are building your business in website then i will suggest you Gostats.it will collect your data from various location & will present it in most presentable ways. I prefre Gostats

the best analysis is from the server logs
javascript trackers are blocked by security software in increasing number
third-party scripts are the classic definition of malware

"I would suggest GoStats, It manages your site traffic very well & you can see stats in a real time. It works better the google
analytics, It is easy to install & read."

i recommend you for using google analytic tool,you will get idea about your visitors, bounce rate, average duration per visitors, and it has more features.

Try Wireshark and Nast.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.